Hydrotherapy is a type of alternative medicine that uses water to maintain health or treat disease. It is used to treat a variety of conditions including headaches, arthritis, infections, acne, and pain.
How does it work?
Practitioners of hydrotherapy believe water has many attributes that make it useful in healing. Such properties include the following:
• Water can help blood flow
• Water can store and transport energy and heat
• Water can soothe, relax, and calm people
• Water can dissolve substances like minerals or salts
• Exercising in water provides resistance and can take weight off a painful joint
• Water occurs in a variety of forms like ice and steam, and such forms have therapeutic uses. Ice can be used to cool patients and steam can be used in steam baths or in treatments to ease breathing Read more