Your backyard is your sanctuary. A place you can go after long day to unwind and recharge. Because of that, creating a space where you can relax is important not only for your mental health, but your emotional and physical well-being too.
One feature many people want in their outdoor space is a hot tub because of the relaxing effect they have on reducing stress. Hydrotherapy has been a popular practice for thousands of years and one that continues to be used today to improve overall health and well-being.
If you’re looking for beautiful, cozy ideas for your outdoor space, which emphases your hot tub, here are 5 ideas you can incorporate into your overall hot tub deck design:
- Embrace nature. If you love the ruggedness of nature, find ways to incorporate the natural beauty around you to spotlight your hot tub and create a space where you enjoy spending time in. Add large boulders, native plants, and even a flowing stream to promote relaxation.
- Zen garden. These types of gardens are designed to create a serene space to promote peace and relaxation. In most cases, zen gardens are dry landscapes which allows for ranked sands which can be meditative and soothing. However, plants and other earth elements can easily be implemented into your outdoor space. Another fun idea to include in this type of space is feng shui. Feng shui is a popular practice, even in the States, and one that you can incorporate into your own backyard design.
- Fabric and other outdoor furniture. Create a colorful space, with privacy, by finding inspiration with various cloths and other materials. Fabric is a great way to add a burst of color, along with providing privacy and shade to your patio. What’s fun about using cloth in your space is that you can change it out whenever you want without the headache.
- Mini sanctuary. When creating your ultimate outdoor space, privacy is a big aspect for many. Build a full privacy, multi-step deck design around your hot tub to give you a space away from peeking eyes where you can enjoy a private moment after a long day. Include cozy furniture, plants, and other items to the space to make it more comfortable and a spot you want to spend time in.
- Enhance the area with architectural lighting. Integrate soft lighting throughout your landscape design to add some ambiance to the area. Light is also a great way to highlight specific focal points and other spots in your yard to provide depth and elevate the space.
When it comes to creating your ideal space, there are many ideas to pull from. As you start to plan your outdoor design, take a moment to consider the size of your space and your lifestyle. Once you know what is most important, you can begin to plan out a design which will provide you the perfect relaxation spot.
Want some more ideas? Check out Bullfrog Spas blog post, 63 Incredible Ideas for Your Perfect Hot Tub Deck. Need help creating your very own backyard sanctuary? Contact Robert Allen Pools and Spas today.